Saturday, February 16, 2008

Comparisons between me and Jess by Shahrazaf Khan

Comparisons between Jess and Me
Firstly during hari raya, I would receive packets of money but during Christmas, jess received presents. Also during hari raya only the married, like my parents, will be giving out money while the non-married, like me, will receive the money but during Christmas presents can be given from the old to the young and also from the young to the old, like what Leslie and jess did to each other. During hari raya I would also kneel down in front our parents and elders and ask for forgiveness for all my mistakes that I have done throughout the whole year but jess just thanked his parents for giving him those presents. Little kids like jess’s younger sisters believe in Santa Claus and think they receive presents from him but little Muslim kids know that they receive their money only from married people. During christmas the whole house will be decorated just like hari raya but during christmas people have a christmas tree in their house. So these are some of the differences i and jess have when we celebrate our different festive seasons.

No comments: