Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Comapre and contrast by Kang Wei

Jess’s Christmas

1) Jess’s parents went to Millsburg Plaza for their last-minute shopping.
2) Jess’s parents gave a dollar to each member of the family.
3) Jess’s parents bought a racing-car set for Jess, bobby socks for Brenda and a pair of panty hose for Ellie.
4) Jess’s good friend, Leslie bought a box of watercolours for him as Christmas present while he gave Leslie a puppy which did not cost any amount.
5) Jess’s younger siblings believe in Santa Claus coming to their house and give them presents.

My Christmas

1) My parents do not do their shopping at the last-minute and instead they did their shopping a few days before Christmas.
2) Unlike Jess’s parents, my parents do not give me money for Christmas.
3) My parents let my brother and I chose the Christmas presents we wanted.
4) Like Jess, I also have good friends who traded Christmas presents with me too. I do not usually expect the presents to be really great.
5) I do not believe that there is Santa Claus and I know that Santa Claus is just a fairytale.

No comments: