Thursday, February 14, 2008

How i celebrate my Hari Raya by Shahrazaf


Hari raya
Until this very moment, I could still remember how I celebrated my last hari raya puasa. On the eve of Hari Raya, my family and i recited the takbir, which is held in mosques and surau (smaller place of worship). The takbīr or takbeer (تَكْبِير) is the Arabic name for the phrase Allāhu Akbar, الله أكبر. Usually translated "God is great" or "God is [the] greatest," it is a common Arabic expression, used as both an informal expression of faith and as a formal declaration. On top of that colourful lights will be lighted outside my house and my mom will be busy preparing food, cakes, sweets, biscuits and various delicacies to be served on the day of Hari Raya. Usually we would order for our delicacies but that year my parents decided to make some of our own. When everything was ready we went to bed.
On the next day was hari raya and everybody was in a happy mood. The boys in my family wore their newly bought baju kurung and my mom and sister wore their baju kebaya. This year my family wore gold coloured clothes. Before any visiting started, I, my brother and father attended the Eid prayer in the morning and consecrate together harmoniously while taking the chance to meet and greet each other Muslims. I went home after that and before I left the house for the last time to go visiting, my siblings and I asked for forgiveness from all the wrong things we have done throughout the year. After that the visiting started.

No comments: